PURPOSE AND APLICABILITY OF EHSMS
Manufacture and commercialization of Metal Clamps, Clamps for Structures and Similar Items.
All activities, products and services under the control or influence of LIFIAL, within this scope, are included in the Environmental Management System NP EN ISO 14001 and in the Management System of SST NP EN ISO 45001.
The scope is maintained as documented information and is available to interested parties, in the Management Manuals, on the company's website, and through posting on the appropriate placards. It is also disseminated and interpreted and its understanding is ensured, in the context of training / sensitization / awareness.
Lifial, Indústria Metalúrgica de Águeda, Lda., a company from multinational group Norma Group, having as reference Norma Group's strategy, values, context, relevant requirements from interested parts, nature, escale and activities' impact, products and services, has decided, within the scope of its EMS, under the commitment of their General Direction, to stablish, implement and maintain an Environmental Policy that allows them to conntinue positioning themselves as a reference:
Protection of the evironment and prevention of pollution inside our range of ativity: production and sell of metal clamps, structure clamps and similar articles.
Minimize the impact (environmental risk) of our activities, products and services concerning all levels of interaction with the surroundings.
- Maintenaince of a Envirnomental Management System (EMS) in conformity with the norm NP EN ISO 14001, properly framce with the organization's management;
- Integration of environmental policies, programmes and practices in all business as indipensable elements of admnistration in all of its functions;
- Based on legislation, environmental regulation and meeting the requirements of interested parts, use cientific knowledge and tecnhological developments to improve corporate policies, programmes, and evironmental performance;
- Consider the environmental repercussions before starting any new activity or project and before installing new equipments and installations or abandoning any productive unit;
- Produce products non agressive for the environment, safe in use, consumption and elimination or valorization; efficient in the consumption of energy and natural resources and that may be recicled, reused or stored safely;
- Take in consideration the efficient use of water, energy and raw material, the sustainable use of natural resources, the minimization of negative impacts to the environment and generation of pollution, and the responsable and safe use/disposal of residueS;
- The compliance of conformity obligations, resulting from legislation and regulamentation, relevant requisits from interested parts, contracts and other requisits that the organization subscribes;
- Evaluation of environmental aspects and impacts resulting from the actitivies, products and services, as well as new or modified process, establishing the improvement objectives related to environmental aspects meaningful to the control and minimization of impacts;
- Evaluation and period review of environmental perfomance, towards continued improvement;
- Environmental training and awareness of all company employees in order to motivate general participation in the fulfilment of the established environmental objectives, the improvement of environmental performance and in the compliance of confirmity obligation;
- Environmental awarenes of employees, suppliers and other relevant interested parts;
- Comunication with interested parts regarding this policy and other aspects of environmental management, in order to reinforce the organization's reputation within the scope of environmental management.
The General Direction assures the allocation of the necessary resources to the implementation of this Environmental Policy and promotes and follows its comunication and comprehension as basis for continued improvement, sustained in the based-risk thought, essential to obtain the effiency of Lifial's EMS.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
LIFIAL, Indústria Metalúrgica de Águeda, Lda., A company of the NORMA GROUP group, having as reference the NORMA GROUP strategy, its Values, its context, the relevant requirements of the interested parties, the nature, scale and impacts of its activities, products and services the specific nature of its risks, decided, within the scope of its SGSST, under the commitment of its General Directorate, to establish, implement and maintain a Occupational Health and Safety Policy that allows it to position itself as a reference:
Provide and ensure safe and healthy working conditions, facilities and equipment for the prevention of work-related injuries and health conditions, within our area of activity: Manufacturing and Marketing of Metal Clamps, Clamps for Structures and Similar Items.
Eliminate or reduce risks for Safety and Health at Work (OSH).
- Maintenance of a Occupational Health and Safety Management System (SGSST) in accordance with Standard NP EN ISO 45001, properly framed with LIFIAL's management and processes;
- Integration of OSH aspects in all businesses, as essential management elements;
- Based on legislation, safety and health regulations and considering the requirements of stakeholders, namely the results of consultations with workers, use scientific knowledge and technological development to improve OSH policies, programs and overall performance;
- Consider the repercussions on OHS - prevention of any type of accident and protection of workers' health - before starting a new activity or project and before installing new equipment and installations or abandoning any production unit;
- Manufacture products and use non-aggressive methods and materials for workers, safe in use;
- Compliance with compliance obligations arising from legislation and regulations, relevant requirements of interested parties, contracts and other requirements that LIFIAL subscribes to;
- Identify the dangers and assess the risks of its activities, products and services, as well as new or modified processes and implement measures to eliminate or minimize them;
- Continuous assessment and periodic and regular review of OHS performance, with a view to continuous improvement;
- Consultation, participation, training and awareness of employees in order to motivate them to fulfill the established OSH objectives, to improve OSH performance and to fulfill compliance obligations, prevent accidents and respond to unsafe and emergency situations;
- Training, awareness and sensitization in OSH of contractors, suppliers and other relevant stakeholders;
- Communication with stakeholders, including local emergency services, regarding this Policy, safety and health of operations within LIFIAL, and other components of OSH management, so that LIFIAL also reinforces its reputation in OSH management;
- Eliminate accidents: zero accidents!
The Management ensures the allocation of the necessary resources for the implementation of this OH&S Policy and promotes and monitors its communication and understanding as a basis for continuous improvement and with risk-based thinking, essential to obtain the effectiveness and continuous improvement of the OHSMS of LIFIAL.
Quality is one of Lifial's (a member of Norma Group) key words, and in accordance to it we place a great effort in its improvement, promoting this value on a daily basis in all aspects of our business..
We focus our efforts in the delivery high quality products, in building long lasting relationships and trust with our customers and all interested parts, bearing in mind their expectations and requirements..
Our quality assures:
- No fails mentality: we commit to guarantee the minimun failure in our production and business process.
- Customer perspective: We are focused on our customers' satisfaction and we want to be recognize by suplying high quality products. Our objective is to meet our customer expectations, offering a large range of products and flexibility.
- Continued improvement- We commit to assure improvements through Norma's systems, starting with Norma Production System and until the Norma Business System and through the requirements of the Quality Management System..
- Compliance/Conformity - We comply with the legal and stauary requirements and we are focused on achieving the aplicable and relevant standards according with our business activity.
- Decision-making based on evidences - We are commited to conduct our business, at all levels, by watching and actiting according to the defined indicators on a daily basis. We monitor our process and guarantee the eficiency of our actions.
- Technology - We invest in the continuous improvement of our process, respecting the quality, security and environmental requirements.
With this quality policy, Lifial ( member of Norma Group) is determined to comply with all work process and actitivies in acording with or Quality Management System.